Our world is experiencing increasing environmental, economic and societal challenges. But in the past few decades, we have attained significant advancements in water and agricultural productivity, made possible through collaborative research and innovation. How can we accelerate this momentum to achieve a world where access to clean water and nutritious food is available to us all?
To explore this question and share exciting new possibilities, the Daugherty Water for Food Global Institute at the University of Nebraska (DWFI) will host the 2020 Water for Food Global Conference, October 7-9, at the Cornhusker Marriott Hotel in Lincoln, Nebraska, USA. The conference will convene leading international experts and organizations to pursue “Cultivating Innovation: The Next Decade.” Hundreds of researchers, business leaders, government agency directors, non-profit managers, farmers, students, philanthropists and entrepreneurs will share case studies, discuss ideas and develop new partnerships focused on achieving global water and food security goals.
To build more sustainable agricultural and food systems, we need to enhance resilience to climate change; prevent and mitigate water and soil contamination; support farmers with education and access to resources; develop innovative and inexpensive technology; encourage women and youth in the sector; and, promote sensible regulations and policies to equitably manage competing demands for water and land. These issues and many more will be featured at the conference during a wide variety of interactive, engaging sessions.
The conference also celebrates the 10 year anniversary of the Daugherty Water for Food Global Institute at the University of Nebraska, headlining a week of water and food security-related presentations, exhibits, side events, networking opportunities and tours.
- Networking with international leaders and experts in a variety of fields
- Sharing your ideas and feedback with conference speakers and colleagues
- Gaining new skills to enhance your work and impact
- Enjoying excellent locally grown and prepared foods
- Making new friends and partners for future projects
- Furthering our global mission to ensure water and food security for everyone
- Exploring the creative expression of water and food security through photography, artwork, video and other media