Congratulations on your designation as a Daugherty Water for Food Global Institute (DWFI) Faculty Fellow! Thank you for contributing to DWFI’s research, education and engagement programs as an essential part of our team. Our Faculty Fellow program has grown to include 130 interdisciplinary faculty from across the University of Nebraska system. We look forward to being able to recognize and promote your special contributions to DWFI through our marketing and communications efforts.
Faculty Fellow Designation
Your biography on the DWFI website
Faculty Fellows are featured on the Meet Our People section of the DWFI website. If you need to update your 250-word biography or photo or are a new Faculty Fellow, please email Frances Hayes, communications director, at email@example.com. If you need a professional photo, we can schedule a photo shoot at the DWFI offices for you.
Faculty Fellow Events
Several Faculty Fellow and Student Support Recipient events are hosted each year to share knowledge, network and gain professional development skills. As a Faculty Fellow, please plan to join us for these events!
How to share your research to DWFI’s audience
- There are several ways you can share your expertise and research updates with DWFI’s national and international audiences. The communications team is a great resource – contact Frances at firstname.lastname@example.org if your research has reached a milestone or outcome and you’d like DWFI’s help in generating a buzz. Tactics could include:
- Generating blogs and news stories that highlight your exciting research and education news stories, activities and outcomes
- Social media contributions
- Authoring articles for the Water for Food Digest (monthly newsletter to more than 2,000 national/international industry colleagues)
- Media interviews (traditional and non-traditional)
- Infographic information
- Short videos
While we may periodically reach out to Fellows about specific stories, feel free to send any new content, media mentions, or published journal articles to email@example.com for promotion.
Attribution and branding
Using your title
We encourage you to use your fellowship designation in your title as “Daugherty Water for Food Global Institute Faculty Fellow,” in the following communications:
- PowerPoints (please request the DWFI presentation template)
- Letter and email signatures
- Media interviews
- Formal vitae documents
- Social media
- Faculty research websites
We encourage you to engage with DWFI via social media.
If you would like assistance with social media, please let us know.
Please recognize your fellowship with DWFI when interviewed by reporters about your research. For example:
- If appropriate, use your title of “Daugherty Water for Food Global Institute Faculty Fellow”
- Reference your work that is connected to DWFI and its mission.
We encourage you to use our branded PowerPoint template for presentations at DWFI events and at other events, as you deem appropriate.
Please use the institute’s logo when presenting research supported or funded by DWFI. Click to view and download any of these most commonly-used logos or contact Craig at firstname.lastname@example.org for any other logo needs.
(Color - horizontal)
(B/W - horizontal)
(Color - vertical)
(B/W - vertical)
Please feel free to request copies of DWFI print materials to hand out. For example:
- Annual reports
- Past conference proceedings
We encourage you to share this information with your organization’s administrative and/or marketing staff so they are also aware of DWFI’s communications support and attribution expectations. Past publications are available online on our resources page.
DWFI Funding Designation
Here are some resources to use when promoting any DWFI-funded research by yourself or your students:
Acknowledgement of Funding
Use the following text to acknowledge the institute’s support for your research. This verbiage should be included in journal articles, other publications, presentations, media releases, media interviews, research posters and any other publicity regarding your funded research.
Support provided by the Robert B. Daugherty Water for Food Global Institute at the University of Nebraska.
Contact Rachael at email@example.com with any specific questions related to student support from DWFI.