Thursday, June 11, 2020: 9-10 a.m. ET (13:00-14:00 UTC)
Conscious of the need to come together to solve these challenges, the Daugherty Water for Food Global Institute, the World Bank, the International Water Management Institute (IWMI) and the Global Water Partnership will host a series of interactive webinars on accelerating inclusive farmer-led irrigation development.
The virtual mini-series will explore key issues and next steps for operationalizing sustainable and inclusive FLI scale-up. The webinars are geared toward practitioners, policy makers, the private sector, and researchers interested in advancing FLI globally.
The farmer-led irrigation development webinar series will feature diverse stakeholders – including innovators, thinkers, and doers. The webinars will provide an innovative platform to enable collective learning about innovative cases, successes, and challenges associated with farmer-led irrigation development.
We welcome your ideas for engagement during the discussions, as this will be an interactive forum-- in addition to your feedback in terms of success stories in your region, or uptake of the farmer-led irrigation concept. Registered participants will be receiving a link close to the event to join our interactive discussion.
We'd appreciate if you can share this invitation with your team, on social media, and among your
professional network. You can also join the conversation on social media with the hashtag
#farmerledirrigation or give us a retweet @water4food.
- Regassa Namara, The World Bank Group
- Claudia Sadoff, International Water Management Institute
- Thai Thi Minh, International Water Management Institute
- Nicholas Brozovic, Daugherty Water for Food Global Institute
- Nicole Lefore, Innovation Laboratory for Small Scale Irrigation, Borlaug Institute for International Agriculture Development
- Samir Ibrahim, Sunculture
- Phil Woodhouse, University of Manchester, SAFI-network
Learn more: An Introduction to Farmer Led Irrigation