Graduate Students! If your abstract is accepted, your poster will be on display at the conference, where hundreds of international scientists, scholars and decision-makers from academia, government, industry, private foundations and NGOs will see and discuss your work with you. Prizes will be awarded.
To recognize current research focused on “Water for Food Security: From Local Lessons to Global Impacts,” we are calling for posters in the following categories:
- Drought management
- Water and agricultural productivity gaps
- Enhancing high productivity irrigated agriculture
- Protecting freshwater and agricultural ecosystems and public health
- Engaging stakeholders and future leaders through science literacy and citizen science
- Transforming water policy and groundwater governance to develop sustainable and equitable water management practices
Abstract Deadline: March 6, 2017
How to Participate
Graduate students have two opportunities to compete: an online competition prior to the conference and an on-site, juried competition. Students must participate in the online competition prior to the conference to be eligible for the on-site competition at the conference. Graduate students must also be registered for the 2017 conference to display their poster at the conference and participate in the on-site competition.
Submitting an Abstract
Abstracts (up to 250 words) are due March 6 and must be accepted for the competition. The Conference Poster Committee will review the abstracts and notify presenters of their acceptance by email by March 7. If accepted, an electronic (.pdf) copy of the poster is due by March 17, 2017.
Online Competition – Posters submitted by March 17 will be judged and three awards given:
- First Place: Free Water for Food Conference registration and $1000 toward travel expenses or cash
- Second Place: Free Water for Food Conference registration and $750 toward travel expenses or cash
- Third Place: Free Water for Food Conference registration and $500 toward travel expenses or cash
On-site Competition – Graduate students who have had their abstracts accepted and have registered for and are attending the Water for Food Conference are invited to present their posters at the conference and participate in the on-site, juried competition. Prize winners are determined by an academic jury of researchers and scientists in relevant disciplines. The prizes are:
- $1000 cash
- $750 cash
- $500 cash
Questions about the poster competition? Contact Jesse Starita at firstname.lastname@example.org or (+1) 402.472.5317
Submit an abstract online.
Review Poster Submission Guidelines, including poster format and on-site session information.