April 24-26, 2016
Nebraska Innovation Campus | Lincoln, Nebraska, USA
Videos of all the sessions are on our YouTube channel.
Water for Food Conference App
Our event app allows conference participants to quickly reference the schedule and speaker information, network with others, create a personalized agenda and more. In Google Play and the App Store: Search “Water for Food Conference” and scroll down until you see the Water droplet icon. The app is by KitApps, Inc. You can also use the Web alternative on other devices.
The seventh annual Water for Food Global Conference focused on the powerful impact that can be achieved through public-private partnerships in water for food research, technology and project development. Together, we are working to improve efficient water management and increase global food supply to meet the needs of an expected world population of 10 billion by 2050.
Organized by the Robert B. Daugherty Water for Food Institute at the University of Nebraska, the international conference included plenary sessions, concurrent sessions, keynote speakers, side events and workshops:
- Irrigation research and technology for smallholder farmers, including remote sensing and apps that help farmers target water usage to maximize yields
- Agricultural solutions in both crop development and management; and livestock
- Information technology to improve water and agricultural productivity
- Food processing advancements to reduce water use in the food and beverage sector
- Mitigating the effects of climate change on water and food security and public health
- The rapidly-growing agricultural entrepreneurship ecosystem and its role in PPPs
- Hank Bounds, president, University of Nebraska
- Melissa Ho, managing director, Africa at Millennium Challenge Corporation
- Martin Fisher, co-founder and CEO, KickStart
- Pat Mulroy, senior fellow, Metropolitan Policy Program, Brookings Institute and former general manager of the Las Vegas Valley Water District
- Jeff Raikes, co-founder, Raikes Foundation and Water for Food Institute board chair
- Sally Rockey, executive director, Foundation for Food and Agriculture Research – Closing Keynote and Heuermann Lecture
- Richard L. Sandor, chairman and chief executive officer, Environmental Financial Products, LLC