Here is a roundup of several recent events which the Daugherty Water for Food Institute convened and participated in:
- Water for Food Institute Executive Director Roberto Lenton participated in a discussion about water availability for agriculture at the Donald Danforth Plant Science Center in St. Louis on March 21st.
- On the institute’s role in addressing the water and food challenge, Dr. Lenton told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch “.. we’re going to have to tackle this on a number of different fronts.”
- Another article in Agri Pulse highlights how the immense scale of the water and food challenge also creates unique opportunities.
- The Water for Food Institute and the Global Harvest Initiative organized a March 20th panel at the National Press Club in Washington D.C. to consider ways to enhance drought resilience.
- Dr. Margaret Zeigler (GHI) and Dr. Lenton co-authored a recent article for The Chicago Council on Global Affairs advocating technology uptake to get more crop for drop.